Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have had an AOL account probably for about 30 years.

Customer Question
Hi, I have had...

Hi, I have had an AOL account probably for about 30 years. Previously I had the free account, recently I opted to pay $3.99 a month for the new version. All of a sudden I cannot get into my account. They keep prompting for a PW. Pls. s help me understand what is going on. I cannot access my accnt. my sign on is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

It just started two days ago.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have an ICON on my main page and just go into that AOL, that is.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't done anything because i don't know why out of the blue I am being requested to type in a pass word, I don't usually do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No, other than I don't do the updates etc., on my computer I have a friend who is in the business for that, I called him and he has not heard of any of his clients having a problem logging into AOL or asking for a password?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

It appears that AOL may have recognized your account being compromised. When that happens AOL will lock your account until you manually reset the password. I have typed the instructions that you need to follow, below.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your AOL/AIM password ***** unlock your account:
Please, click the following link: https://account.aol.com/account/password/start

On that page, enter the requested information and follow the instructions.

Once you do that, you will be able to reset your password ***** that ID.

If you have forgotten your security questions, click the Forgot Answer link when asked the question, fill out the requested information and continue. If that does not get you working, you can call the following number to resolve the problem: (###) ###-####

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com