Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can not log on to my g-mail account. My friend logged me

Customer Question

I can not log on to my g-mail account. My friend logged me off so her could check his e-mail and when I tried to log on using my password, a message came up that my password ***** changed a year ago. I went through the recovery protocol and got a code but when I used it, I was asked more questions and that lead to " was not able to confer my account.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: About 10 days
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What device did they log you out of gmail with?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
10.12.4 Safari

Have you tried to use recovery forms yet and also, did you use 'autofill' when logging into

gmail i your safari before?