Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just want to recover my gmail password, but i cant have

Customer Question

hi i just want to recover my gmail password
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: but i cant have access to the phone number for verification process as i left my country and sim card not working in the new place
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: what else are the ways to recover
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: please connect me
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me your Gmail address so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

I checked your recovery options and you have a mobile phone number ending in 36 on your account. So you are no longer able to access or use that mobile phone, correct?

Another option is through your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge device. Is that device still working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope.. I don't have any access to both of them. That was my old phone with old number as I moved to a different country so not able to have access to them.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I have run the reset procedures for your account again and Gmail requires two vital recovery information from you in order to prove that you own the account. These are the recovery mobile phone ending in 36, and the Gmail app you once used in your Samsung device.

Unfortunately, since the mobile phone is no longer in use, and the Samsung device is also not working, there is NO WAY to recover your Gmail account.

Let me explain the NEW Gmail reset or recovery procedures. This reset or recovery procedures of Gmail has been in place I believe just in the second quarter last year. And the goal of this recovery procedures is security and privacy. Security in the sense that it will be harder for a hacker to hack into someone else's Gmail account. And most importantly, privacy. In this new procedures, Gmail does NOT allow any human person from Gmail/Google team to peek into any Gmail account information for recovery.

I want to explain this "privacy" stuff a little further. Before this NEW reset procedures, Gmail provided an online form where a user can enter verifiable information about the account in case the dynamic reset process fails DUE TO lack of security and recovery information like mobile phone, alternate email address, and answers to security question. The Gmail user will provide those information and then a Gmail tech will intercede by checking the actual information on record for the particular account against the information contained in the submitted form. When the information submitted in the form matches with the actual record on file, the human person (Gmail tech) will send a reset link to allow the user to change the password. In tougher case, users are asked for scanned copy of their ID and other form of identification to Gmail through another form and again, Gmail person "peeks" into a Gmail account record and lookup if the identification matches with the submitted ones. All these "non-private" procedures were eliminated in the new reset procedures -- no human person from Gmail or Google will intervene in the recovery process and unfortunately for utmost privacy, as a result, it will be harder also for the real owner of the accounts to recover their Gmail accounts.

And if you tried to provide a valid email address in the last phase of the recovery process (after asking the date you created the Gmail account), the CODE that Gmail will send you is NOT a code that will allow you to create a NEW password. It is a CODE sent to your existing or current email address that tells Gmail that indeed you have access to that email account. And here is another thing. In most cases, when you were first asked to enter the other email, Gmail will send you a code to tell Gmail you can still access that account and Gmail can contact you through that other email. But after evaluating your responses on the reset procedures and you DID NOT pass verification, you will be notified on the screen (not on the other email) that you cannot recover the account. The CODE is also not sent to the email account you entered if it is already the second attempt of the reset process and if the percentage of verification is very low as determined by Gmail in the responses you entered in the reset form.

I know this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But without passing the verification process, there is no way to regain access to your old Gmail account.

I hope you find this information useful and helpful in your quest to recover your Gmail account. Also, knowing these facts about the new reset procedures imposed by Gmail, you should now ensure that you provide up-to-date recovery information in your other Gmail account if you have any to avoid these kinds of trouble in recovering the account.

At this point you placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and for helping you if you rate positively (3-5 stars/faces). It is up to you if you want to credit me or not. Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) for not getting your desired results. Your deposit is refundable if you do not wish to pay and here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess