Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have recently lost my phone and I am trying to reset my…

Customer Question
I have recently lost...

I have recently lost my phone and I am trying to reset my password ***** my gmail account but my phone number was listed as recovery andI am just trying to get into my email to reset my password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Only my phone number but I had my phone stolen earlier so there is no way for me to access it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/5/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> but my phone number was listed as recovery and I am just trying to get into my email to reset my password

Your cell phone was lost but the phone number can be still with you, technically. You may get the same cell phone number back on your new phone so when resetting the password, Google will send the verification code to your new phone.

Please reply so I will provide the steps to get your number back.

I am confused

Your phone number is ***** with the small SIM card on your phone, or the phone number goes to the cell phone where the SIM card is plugged in. Your SIM card was lost with the phone, but for the mobile network's provider, the number is ***** yours. You can ask to deactivate the lost SIM card, and get a new one with the SAME number from the provider. It is your rights.

What's the provider of your mobile number?

I am with AT&T
Is there any way to get into my email now?

Two steps:

First get your phone number back as resetting Google password ***** this number. You associated your phone number with your Gmail account. Correct?

Then simply follow Google instruction to reset the password ***** giving the verification code sent to the number. You can receive the code from any new phone with the new SIM card plugged in.

So now, bring your ID with you, better with a copy of your purchase proof or contract with AT&T, go to any local AT&T store to ask for a new SIM card. Where are you located?

Does it make sense now?

How is it going now? Any feedback please?
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant