Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a question. How do I know my gmail is private? phone…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. How do I know my gmail is private?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone and my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I always have it ring to my phone if signing in through my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

It prompts to ask if I am signing in from a different device on my phone.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
8/5/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. If you are using Gmail through a web browser, yes, it is using a private and secure connection over the internet. You can verify this on your web browser where you can see a locked key icon or an HTTPS on the address bar. The "S" there means secure.

Please check this screenshot of my Gmail accessed through Chrome:

http://filesxpress.com/d-7db40b89

Now, regarding the prompts that you are getting, they are imposed by Gmail for your protection against common hackers nowadays. If someone is trying to guess your password ***** failed to login several times, Gmail will notify you through your phone. So it is very important that you keep your phone number UPDATED on your Gmail account.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess