Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I havent used my desktop email address in years because ive

Customer Question

I havent used my desktop email address in years because ive been using my work email. but now that ive retired i dont know any of my home passwords and i had to turn in my work phone that was attached to my desktop email so i cant access anything on my desktop, how can i accomplish this, thank you Steve
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: i think for my current google username, it was about 3 years ago, i dont remember the password ***** i would know all of the security questions
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: ok im not a techy, but when i did use my email at home, i would just go to sign/log in and get to my emails that way
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i went through a process that ask me for my mobil phone number, and then when i gave it, then it ask me could they send a text to that numbner, but when i retired which was 5/31/17 i had to turn in that phone and i tried to transfer the number to this new phone that i bought but the couldnt do it , they said for security reasons because i worked for the federar gov. the last 6 years
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i have about 3 or 4 email addresses for my desk top at home that im typing on but i cant through on any of them and i really need help, i called a number yesterday that the person ask me for my credit card info in order to fix the problem so naturally i didnt do that, thanks, Steve
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you referring to the password ***** use to access your email account?

Please let me know

Thank you