Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It keeps telling me that the password or user name is

Customer Question
It keeps telling me...

It keeps telling me that the password ***** user name is ***** ***** will not allow me to check my email.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No just on this iPad.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I reset my password ***** I was sent a verification code which was texted to my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No, I Juarez wish to be able to use my email again. Thanks for your help.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
8/3/2017
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 9 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

What is the name of your email service? (such as Gmail or Yahoo)

Also, what happened when you entered the verification code into their web page to reset the password?

Thanks,

David.

Aol is my email provider. When I entered code text to me and tried again, I got same message that username or password ***** incorrect. I checked with Geek Squad today and after trying several solutions, I was told it was an AOL problem because you folks had been making changes.

Thank you for the additional information.

I received your request for remote assistance - customer service will be contacting you to fix a situation with your account.

In the meantime, just to clarify, the verification code you entered was accepted and you changed the password ***** now still cannot login using the new password?

That is the only credit I have.
Correct, I still cannot access my email after entering new password.

Ok thanks.

What is the name of the web browser you are using?

Also, do you access your AOL email from more than one device?

I only use this device - Apple iPad - for email.

Do you use the Safari web browser for email?

Does Safari usually login to your email automatically?

No, I use the envelope app go to AOL email.

Ok and does the envelope app usually login to your email automatically or do you have to enter the password ***** time you access your email?

The envelope app logs me directly into my email - I do not have to enter a password.

Ok thank you.

Just a moment while I put together a procedure for you to resolve the issue.

Ok so first please open the envelope app.

Next tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner of the app.

Tap the silhouette of a person and then tap sign out.

Close the app.

Re-open the app.

When prompted enter the new password ***** login.

If anything in the procedure does not match what you are seeing in the app please let me know as that may indicate that you are using a different version of the app and that I may need to modify the procedure.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need assistance?

Thanks,

David.

For some reason your solution did not correct problems. But my daughter in Tenn. was able to help me somewhat via telephone and reconnect me to the email. I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you for letting me know and glad you were able to resolve the issue.

David.

I do not feel I should be charged since you were unable to solve my problem. Please send NO MORE messages. You should note that an email supposedly from Apple are now threatening to cut off my service in the next few hours. Why?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> an email supposedly from Apple are now threatening to cut off my service in the next few hours.Can you please paste the full notification email to here? A screenshot is preferrred as it will be more helpful to determine if it is a genuine message from Apple. Thanks.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant