Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Help me change my last name on my emails due to divorce.

Customer Question
Please help me change...

Please help me change my last name on my emails due to divorce

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Looking in aol at emails and I am not really that good with this stuff

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I have already changed it for Microsoft but my emails have the old last name

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
8/3/2017
Email technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you use AOL Desktop?

Or do you use your Web Browser?

Login to your AOL account and click on the Options dropdown in the top right corner; select "Mail Settings", and choose the "Compose" options on the left of the next page. Scroll down to the bottom and look for the Display Name section (second from last).

Update your name, type a brand new first / last name in the text field, or enter your nickname. The name will appear in the exact same order as you type it. Then, click on the "Save Settings" button at the bottom. Your new From name will appear from the next email you send onward!