Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My husband has not been able to receive his G mail since…

Customer Question
My husband has not...

My husband has not been able to receive his G mail since May. This would have been when I set up his G mail on holiday on an old Ipad in Portugal.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Currently on Chrome, formerly on outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I amaware

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
8/3/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to access the gmail account?

Please let me know

Old mail up to the date in May which would have been about the time I changed the ipad is showing but nothing since. He is accessing his gmai on his telephone at the moment

ok, so if I understand correctly, no new emails have been coming in on the iPad.

Is this correctly?

I pad is in Portugal where we were on holiday. Now back in uK trying to get mai on our desk top Mac

ok, so you cannot get any mail on your Mac, thats the issue? No new emails there correct?

Not for my husband - my pwn emails on same computer are fine

yes, so the Gmail emails, for your husband are not arriving in Apple Mail on the computer

Is this correct?

Thanks

If he goes to www.gmail.com

Can he sign into his account there and view his emails?

Please let me know

I was abe to do it on my ipad here, but not on the computer

What happens when he tries to sign in on his computer?

When I got onto his account a whole lot of stuff about security comes up needing new passwords and security questions which we have done but then the next time it is the same

ok, carefully follow the instuctions it gives you please until you are able to sign in and view the emails.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Thanks for your help I will try againa here

Thank you, ***** ***** know the results please

Thank you