Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My hard drive crashed so I had to re-install Thunderbird, It…

Customer Question
My hard drive crashed...

My hard drive crashed so I had to re-install Thunderbird, It is used by my employer, but when I re-installed it, I must have done something wrong because a I cannot send messages, it always tell me it has " timed out"

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Mine or his?

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Laptop computer at home.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have just been playing with my settings.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is about it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Email technician: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know who your email provider is (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thunderbird

Yes, that is your email program, but what is your email address (example, mine is:***@******.***). What is yours?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No ***@******.***

OK, is ccac-ac.com your employer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CCAC is my employer.

Did you already check with them if they are having issues with their mail server?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we worked on this issue earlier today. The system is running fine and i am the only one having problems.

OK, I wanted to isolate this to your computer, so we are clear now that the problem is related to your machine. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? If I am not able to help, you can get a refund and it is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I will turn it over to the IT guy in the morning, thanks anyway.
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks I will find a solution elsewhere.