Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Good question! I APPARENTLY, JUST UPDATED (sorry) my outlook

Customer Question

good question! I APPARENTLY, JUST UPDATED (sorry) my outlook program. And everything disappeared- my calendar is blank, the folders with kept emails are empty, the new emails are from 2016! What happened?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: windows 10- does that answer the question? I am not very good at knowing what (OS) and such is.vv
JA: When did you last update your Outlook?
Customer: well, I was working on the calendar and something like a pop up came out from the right side of the screen saying something about updating. I either clicked on OK or clicked on the X to get it off the screen. I was a bit in a tizzie at the time and I'm not sure what I did.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I remember something like this happened before and I think it had to do with updating, What I do remember is Outlook deleted everything then as well. Can't remember how I fixed it, but I remember not getting everything back. Sorry, I also have a big cat on my lap, trying to get my hands to pet her and not the computer....
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using MS Outlook 2013 or 2016?
  2. What email account do you have on your MS Outlook?
  3. Are you still able to access your email account to check if ALL of your emails are intact using a web browser?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1 Outlook 2016, I believe
2 do you mean my email address?
3 I have 4 emails from 2017, all the rest are old from 2016.
I just noticed that at the top of the screen, it says Microsoft Outlook (safe mode) - does this mean something?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry, I have to end here. I'll be back at some time later.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Please take your time and we can resume with this when you are back and available. Yes, that SAFE MODE there could be causing the problem. Try to restart your computer and then restart your Outlook. If Safe Mode is gone from the top, check if all emails are intact.

Best regards,

Jess