syseng
syseng, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSE) with over 18 years experience in configuration and troubleshooting
13852270

I was away and changed my password on my gmail now that I am

Customer Question

i was away and changed my password ***** my gmail now that I am back it will not allow me to use the password ***** open my gmail
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: i can from my phone
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: used to use(###) ###-####home phone # because could not get cell service here but I know use the web to connect new phone so i
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can get email for gmail on my cell
Category: Email
Expert:  syseng replied 2 months ago.

My name is David.

Since you still have access to your Gmail account on your phone, perhaps the quickest way to resolve the issue would be to change the Gmail account password ***** your phone then verify that you can login to Gmail on your phone using the new password. Then on your computer close your web browser, reboot the computer, then after reboot open the web browser and log in to your Gmail using the new password ***** was configured using your phone.

Please let me know if you have questions about the procedure above and also please let me know the result once you try it.

Thanks,

David.