Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My phone can receive calls, but all out going calls "fail'

Customer Question
My phone can receive...

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my desktop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I share an account with mydaugher,miriam Gori and have a second I- phon that works fine

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Email technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What is the make and model of your phone?

App le 4

Check your iPhone settings

1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
  2. Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
  4. See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.

Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection.

Remove and reinsert your SIM card

If your iPhone has a SIM card, remove the SIM card, then reinsert it.

Contact your carrier

When you contact your carrier, make sure that:

• Your account is set up to use your iPhone.
  • There aren't any localized service outages.
  • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
  • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.

Check your network settings

1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  2. Try to make or receive calls in another location.
  3. Switch to a different network band. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and turn off Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G (this option will depend on your carrier and device model).

Please Rate My Service if my answer was sufficient!
If you have any other questions please let me know, as I always strive for excellent service!!
Thank you!

Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer