Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I received a notice from Apple support that someone used our

Customer Question

I received a notice from Apple support that someone used our account to download an app on their I-phone. It says our account is locked and I should to go Resolution center. I did and it's asking lots of intrusive questions including SSN and credit card details. Is this real or a scam?
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Here is the email:Notice to***@******.***,Your account will be rejected because we've noticed significant changes ln your account activity. As your payment processor, we need to understand these changes better.This account rejected will affect your ability to:Buy App in AppStore
Rejected Payment
Also, you won't be able to:Login to your iCloud and Itunes
Remove credit cards
Close your account
What to do nextPlease log in to your account and provide the requested information before 03 August, 2017 through the Resolution Center. If we don't receive the information before this deadline or we notice additional significant changes in your account activity, your account access may be further Rejected.Go to Resolution CenterThank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you need further assistance, please click Contact at the bottom of any page.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: No. How do I do that?
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

This is 100% a scam. It's called a phishing e-mail as it tries to elicit sensitive information

from you to be used in a fraudulent manner. Mark the e-mail as Junk/Spam and it will

be removed. Your account has not been compromised if you did not supply any requested information.