John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Owner / Technology Specialist at CentraTech Solutions
99265707

IPhone 6se Outlook email on phone. When I start to type in

Customer Question

iPhone 6se Outlook email on phone. When I start to type in an address multiple contacts appear on the phone email. I dont want them. When I use Outlook on my laptop these many contacts do not appear. Went to Outlook on my laptop to people to edit and the contacts are not there
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Usually iPhone 6se
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Cant remember. 5 or 6 methods recommended on the web. Just got back from the Microsoft Store and I was assured that signing on to Outlook.com on my laptop and clicking on people and editing these contacts out would work. However the contacts on my iPhonr
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Phone do not appear on the laptop.
Category: Email
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

If it's suggestions you can turn it off

1. Open the Settings app and go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
  2. Under the “Contacts” section, look for “Contacts Found in Mail” and toggle this switch OFF

If it's contacts popping up that you mailed before you will need to manually delete them from the autocomplete

1. Open Mail app in iOS if you haven’t done so already and compose a new mail message
  2. Tap in the “To” field as usual and start typing the email address where unwanted suggestions start popping up (to remove general suggested email recommendations enter the specific address to remove, like***@******.***)
  3. Tap the (i) button next to the email address of the contact you wish to remove from the suggested list
  4. Look for the “Remove From Recents” button option at the bottom of the contact information to remove it from the suggested email to list
  5. Repeat with other email addresses and contacts as desired

Note: - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer it’s an automated pop up, you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no I button next to email address. No I button. No Remove from Recents. Not an answer.
I have an iPhone 6se

Did you try the first step?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
$39.00 plus $49.00 ???

No please ignore the popup for secure remote it's automated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've been in Settings Mail Contacts Calendar before but I can't find Mail contacts calendars under Settimgs I shut contacts off before but never found contacts found in mail
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found it. Mail Contacts Calendar already shut off. No Contacts. Found in Mail switch. This is an iPhone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Is it contacts you mailed before or only suggestions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Only 2 contacts on my lap top. I can delete them. Many Many more contacts on my iPhone and I can't delete them
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not want Secure Remote Assistance !!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not want remote Assistance!!!!!

Yes no problem I did not accept it.

When you compose a new mail is it suggestions or contacts you mailed before?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a problem for Outlool users on smart phones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Suggested email addresses that I must have connected with one way or the other in the past. They show up on the iPhone but not on laptop

Lets see if it's not maybe Safari

Please see video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Hf-FmWkvQ

If you go to your contacts and then groups do you see suggested Contacts?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Contact Info already off
Names and Passwords already off
Contacts found in Apps already off
No "Groups" found
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I probably have to sync my phone to my laptop so my laptop can "see" and communicate with my phone

Ok let me opt out to see if another expert got a solution

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  John Lohr replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Are you using the Outlook App or the regular mail app on your iPhone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Using the Outlook app. When I use the Yahoo app to access Outlook email the contacts don't show up. I can just get rid of the Outlook app and the problem is solved but I thought you could help me keep the Outlook app
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not synced the iPhone to the lap top
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The person in the Microsoft Store thought I could use my lap top to open Outlook go to people and manage and delete my contacts. These many contacts on my iPhone never show up on my lap top

Do you have any email addresses stored locally on your iPhone that the app may be pulling from?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think so. I don't know where that would be
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are these addresses stored on the web in Outlook that Outlook on my lap top can't " see " ??

They would be in the contacts app on your iPhone

What do you use for email on your laptop?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use Outlook and Juno.com email.
Some of these contacts have a 52 in them which suggests they are Facebook contacts, but just a few

The Outlook website or desktop app?

That's possible is you have your iPhone set to sync contacts with facebook

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only have 2 contacts that show up on my Outlook for laptop

The ones on your iPhone are likely from your iPhone contacts then.

How many contacts do you have on http://outlook.com ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think I am using an Outlook app on my lap top
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3 contacts on Outlook.Com.

Yeah it is pulling from your iPhone's "Contacts" app then more than likely.

There unfortunately is no way to disable that feature either

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so how do I get my money back?

For asking this question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I did answer your question and was able to help you to understand why this is occurring, however; I can understand why you would be unsatisfied with this answer.

Being that I was able to help you understand the cause I would greatly appreciate it if you would rate my service so that I may get credit for assisting you today.

Alternatively, you can go to this link if you wish in order to request a refund:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for trying to help. It is a difficult problem for Outlook users. If you find the solution I would be happy to pay you

The only solution I could provide you with is to use a different application to access your emails that does not use your iPhone contacts, or to go through and delete email addresses from your iPhone contacts

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to rate your help as excellent. Where d I go to give you an excellent rating??

You should see an option on your screen at the top to rate me from 1-5 stars. I really do appreciate that!