Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I used an email program I'm not familiar with (Mozilla

Customer Question

I used an email program I'm not familiar with (Mozilla thunderbird) to recover some attachments from old "sent emails" but instead of copying and pasting to a thumb drive, (the folder I thought I copied to is empty), the emails are gone.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I have an AOL "AIM" account.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aim account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing, just looking around to find where those emails wer copied to. Couldn't believe they just disappeared.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happened some time ago, it's been at least a week.
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

> just looking around to find where those emails wer copied to. Couldn't believe they just disappeared.

It depends on how you did the copy and paste operation. Did you do drag and drop? Which folder of Thunderbird was the target of those emails?