Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I am trying to sign into my gmail account. I have forgotten

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying to...
Hi, I am trying to sign into my gmail account. I have forgotten my password. I have tried the account recovery but cannot access
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: i have tried to use it today as i have gotten a new phone and i forgot the password ***** I have tried account recovery and it's still not allowing me to access
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the account recovery option
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
8/1/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome
What exactly happens during the account recovery process? Where exactly do you get stuck?

Please let me know

Thank you

I went into the account recovery section for gmail and It sends me a verification number and then tells me theres not enoigh information and I cant access it

Ok, when you created the account, did you specify a recovery email address or phone number?

i thought i did but not sure if the phone number has been updated recently, i cant remember the month i made it 3 years ago making a email isn't a significant enough thing for me to remember the exact date i made it. but now knowing the trouble it take just to get back into a locked account im starting to think i would have been better. Ive tried to send validation code to my regular email address and i get what comes up in the picture

ok, then your only option is to use this form now

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2

Fill it in providing a email address where you can be contacted on and allow up to 72 hours for a response.

They will either reject it or not respond in which you will not be able to gain access, or they will ask for more proof of id in order to try to manually verify you.

If they do reject it or do not respond within the 72 hours then you will need to create a new account sorry.

It is critical you always keep your recovery information up to date to avoid such a situation as this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist