Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to change my email address, I want to keep the gmail…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my email address, I want to keep the gmail but I need to change the address because all of a sudden I am mostly receiving a lot of spam and that has never happened before

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From google chrome

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No, this just recently started about the past 5 days and I have good protection..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to change what I have now..

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
8/1/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 11 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the provider for your new email address? The same Gmail? If yes, you may:

(1) link the new Gmail address with the old one, so you can keep sending out emails as it is old one.

(2) set up a filter with the old Gmail account and forward certain emails to your new one, so you no need to open old Gmail box and get its incoming emails using your new Gmail box.