Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Wanted to recall a msg I sent on gmail, I have a MacBook, an

Customer Question

Wanted to recall a msg I sent on gmail
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have a MacBook, an iPhone and a iPad. On my Macbook right ow
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just online looking now. I don't see that I can unless using Outlook which we are not.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This will depend on how you have your email set up in gmail. If you have not activated this feature,

you will not be able to pull that email back this time, only going forward and you only have about

30 seconds to do this if you set it high.

If you turn "Undo Send" on, you can retract a message right after you sent it.

First, turn on Undo Send

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings Settings.
  3. In the "Undo Send" section, check the box next to "Enable Undo Send."
  4. In the "Send cancellation period" section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
  5. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.

Undo sending your message

After you turn on Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email.

1. After you send a message, you'll see the message "Your message has been sent" and the option to Undo or View message.
  2. Click Undo.

This is gmails policy as they cannot pull back an email from the server if this is not activated.

You can review that here.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2819488?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

My apologies if this was not already activated by you on your side yet, but you can now do this

in the future. It is googles policy and even a tech such as myself cannot change their

terms/conditions. I can only guide you how to undo this in the future if it has went past that

time you sent the email.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I click on settings the screen is blank

Use another browser other than the one you are in.

Which one are you on now?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am on Chrome.

Ok, go to your Internet explorer that is built in or your firefox on your computer if you have that browser.

Log into gmail and follow those steps/guide.