Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I sent an emial by mistake,, how to take it back? gmail,

Customer Question
I sent an emial...

I sent an emial by mistake,, how to take it back?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Both by phone and computer this emial i sent by teh computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No,, i send it by mistake,, i want to cancel it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi,, how much this will cost?

This will completely depend on if you set your gmail up to do this yet. There is a feature you

can check to 'unsend' but it has a time limit and you may not have done that yet. Lets try.

If nothing else, it will be ready in the future for you if needed.

Recall an email with Undo Send

If you turn "Undo Send" on, you can retract a message right after you sent it.

First, turn on Undo Send

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings Settings.
  3. In the "Undo Send" section, check the box next to "Enable Undo Send."
  4. In the "Send cancellation period" section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
  5. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.

Undo sending your message

After you turn on Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email.

1. After you send a message, you'll see the message "Your message has been sent" and the option to Undo or View message.
  2. Click Undo.

Now, keep in mind if you did not enable this feature, this may not work with that email right now

and/or it has been read and too much time has passed.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I do not know. I am a tech only. I cannot see anything on your account. Only the troubleshooting

you have requested i work for you on.

Customer service can see all of this here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

i activited the undo now,, but,, there is anyway to get back the mial i sent 5 minutes ago?

30 seconds is about all you have depending on what the timer was set for when you activated it.

This is what i was concerned with. If it wasnt activated before, there is no way to undo it.

It will now appear on your emails for the future, but you didnt have it enabled before. There is not

a way to pull that email back at this time as you didnt have it activated before now.

You can review that information on gmail pages or here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-announce-official-undo-email-for-unsending-2015-6

I do not like to deliver bad news and was hoping it was enabled already. You can now use it going

forward, but five minutes was way to long as gmail has it set up that way on their server.