Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can you help me see why thunderbird is not importing my

Customer Question
Can you help me...

Can you help me see why thunderbird is not importing my email currently

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Charter that is now spectrum. it worked for a couple years until a few days ago

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On a computer with thunderbird

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Calling spectrum who would have to re-set and update my email account. forcing new messages to come in. and logging out and logging back in. recently I deleted archives and now there seems to be a problem since.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all. i just don't know how to use thunderbird that well to import my new emails. it used to happen automatically and hasn't recently. i saw that there were seven new emails (told me in a pop up) but I can't see them

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
7/31/2017
Email technician: arsufi2002, Other replied 9 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Other

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Use below box to post your response

Let me know when you are ready..

ok am here.
hi fiyaz. can you help me?

I wish to have a remote session with your computer..

Click here to download tool

Double click file after download

i wish to talk about this or write about it here rather than have a remote session. you can call me instead if you need at my #.

It would be easy if you could run the tool as i can show as well save time

Are you ready if i provide you a free support (remote session) this time...

no. thanks. i would like to get credit back and try to sign up again if I feel comfortable in the future using this as a way to fix it.

wait...

We will go with this chat session then..

I will explain the steps

ok. let's do the chat then. thanks
i am available and would like to do the chat by computer or by phone to get this fixed. are you still working another call or are you able to work this call with me?

Can you get me your pop3 settings set for thunderbird

Also, did you update the password ***** Thunderbird after you reset

i don't know where you see the pop3 settings for Tbird. can you tell me. I update tbird but do not re-set password. it is still the same.
ok. please credit my account. i appreciate that you tried to help. I am not getting the information quickly enough. I will try you guys another time. thank you.

Try this:

1: Open Thunderbird

thank you anyway. you don not have to work on this any further. thank you. I am having to cancel my account membership.

2: Tools > Account Settings

There you can find your server settings (pop/imap)

Ensure you have right settings there

If you could share your email provider name i shall get the pop/imap settings which you can verify with current settings

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist