Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My computer was hacked. I brought it same day computer to

Customer Question

My computer was hacked. I brought it same day computer to fix things. They installed Microsoft and Metrocast.net email servers but did not install Thunderbird. That lost my entire email address list. When I installed thunderbird yesterday, I could receive emails, could not send and had no email address list. Help?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I'm 80, not very tech savvy, but have used this Dell and thunderbird for some years.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web browser. I has been thunderbird, although the computer had a metrocast email account. Metrocast provides tv, phone and internet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to get back to my old thunderbird account without success.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not to savvy about this stuff.
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer and email account.

Where did you take your computer to have it fixed? Do you know if they made a backup?

Without a backup there is no way of getting your old Thunderbird data back unfortunately, but I can help you set it up again so you can send and receive emails from now on.

Regards,