Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I send out email to a hotmail account it often/always…

Customer Question
Hi, when I send...

Hi, when I send out email to a hotmail account it often/always ends up in their spam. How to prevent this from happening if my emails never contain any spam? Thx! Regards, Mark

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I myself do not use hotmail but 1and1. I am talking about email recipients with a hotmail email account.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am no IT expert - so have no clue what I could do. I just checked all instances where I know my emails ended up in Spam at it almost always concerned hotmail addresses.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 10 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What is your email address that used to send "spam" to the Hotmail address? Just please tell the domain name part of the email address. Thanks.

Hi, the domain name part is "launayfrance.com".

Thanks for the info. Did you see any notification email or message telling you the failure?

No, I would resend my original email via another email account (gmail) and that would solve it.

> No, I would resend my original email via another email account (gmail) and that would solve it.

You found the solution? Or, you saw an annoying message asking you for $39...? If the latter, ignore it.

Additional explanation: After a couple of days of not receiving a response I resend the original email, but from a different account. This usually works and the hotmail account holders confirm they found my original email in their spam folder. That's how I narrowed it down to hotmail accounts.
Did you receive my previous message with additional explanation?
Sorry I was disconnected for a while. Just saw ur message. Reviewing.
Is your email address in the contacts book of your recipients? Make sure your address is in their trusted contacts then please test it again.
These are usually new contacts I have never communicated with before. They contact me through a reservation system and I respond to them with an email.
my email address is not known to them when I send my first email to them.

Okay, I would like to troubleshoot your Hotmail address with several email addresses of mine for test. I have multiple domains and email addresses available for your test. But, as per the site's rule, exchanging email address and other contact info such as phone call needs premium services.

Therefore, I would like to offer you the best (minimum) rate ($5) for a phone call to exchange the personal info. Please be aware that it is an extra charge on top of this question. If you agree, I will send you the offer. Thanks.

Sorry, but if you still have not understood that I do not have a hotmail account myself, then I am not confident you will be of any help at all. Let's leave it at this...
Sorry, my bad, it is *to* another person's Hotmail addresss, not yours. Okay, it is a similar thing just in a reverse direction. I can use my test emails on various domains to troubleshoot.