Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had to buy a new computer and can't remember my password.

Customer Question
I had to buy...

I had to buy a new computer and can't remember my password. I have tried to retrieve it with no luck

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

The old computer I stayed logged in

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I tried my phone number and they sent me a code but I couldn't get anywhere with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I have 2 different emails because the same thing happened years ago and I just made a new email

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
7/30/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 11 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Can you please clarify why computer purchase is related to a password?

Because I can't log on to my old computer to get password ***** email,

What's kind of email password ***** *****? Hotmail, Gmail or outlook.com?

What's the problem of your dead computer?

Yahoo.***@******.***
No internet. I did process of elimination to determine that, new dsl box, new router and then finally borrowed a computer

Okay, did you try resetting the Yahoo password *****? If tried but failed, what were the questions asked by Yahoo during the password ***** process?

It wouldn't let me reset it, no questions came up. Just kept directing me to help site. Which was no help
U still there
Sorry I was disconnected and just got back online. Reviewing your question.
As far as you know, do you have associated phone number and 2nd email address for the Yahoo account?