Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have a new computer and I have set up everything that is…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new computer and I have set up everything that is required, but I cannot get all my emails to transfer to this new computer....help!

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connection is perfect. I'm not sure about your question as all I did was hit the email icon.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Don't know as I just got this computer today. A voice walked me through all set ups and e-mail address.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I really don't know what to ask.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
7/29/2017
Email technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Is it a Windows or Mac computer?

windows 10
not for $39.....
Are you still with me?

Yes

Can you tell me, which email service provider do you use, like Gmail,Yahoo, etc?

Verizon.net......I believe they are part of yahoo now

Ok, I think as you are using Windows 10, it has configured the default email client to access your email account, but I can say that the default email client of Windows 10 is not up to the mark and very slow in retrieving emails, you can use a free email client like Thunderbird or directly access your email account from the browser, let me know what you want to do?

I believe I would want to use the browser.

Ok, then you can access it from the link below, open the link enter your username and click on Sign in.

https://webmail.verizon.com/signin/Login.jsp?goto=https://webmail.verizon.com:443/signin/LdapBind.jsp

I am no longer interested....I just had an alert that I was charged $48 and not the $5 that was originally on this site.

You can contact the customer care for the payment details because as far as I know, this is not a $5 service which is an unbelievable rate in this days. That is an initial deposit you have to made to ask the question. Anyway, call the customer care for more clarification. As I have already provided you with the answer, which you need to know.

sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta