Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Does the 14.0.7182.5000 version of MS Office/Outlook 2010

Customer Question

Does the 14.0.7182.5000 version of MS Office/Outlook 2010 intentionally block access to the Gmail IMAP server? The previous version worked fine. My Gmails stopped populating Outlook on June 6th, the same day of the update. I can send Outlook e-mails via TLS/587, but nothing I do will connect to the server. Can this be fixed?
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: I only have a desktop.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I've got a good Gmail password. I don't think my problem is with Gmail, but anything's possible. I've got an archaic landline, but it works. Some event broke my IMAP link. What do you need me to do?
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried the 2 step authentication, which I didn't have before the link broke. I un-did this, which generated the expected warning from MS. I've tried many combinations of Outlook account settings. I've tried the scanpst route. Nothing will connect to IMAP. Are there permissions that need to be changed to solve this? The safe things have been tried and I'm not an accomplished computer guy, so I'll need help from this point with any deeper computer issues. Thanks in advance!
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

What's the error message you got with Outlook 2010? Please check the details by clicking the Send/Receive button then click the Send/Receive area on status bar.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I start Outlook while attempting to download, I get the error: 0x800CCC0E "Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server. Cannot connect to the server."
When I test my Outlook Account Settings, I get: "Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): A secure connection to the server cannot be established." I get this whether or not it likes my login & password.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Can you please first go to mail.google.com to very your email addrsss and the password? Then we can address the Outlook connection issue with correct password.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hello? Are you still there. Please be aware that if you can access your Gmail via web, then we can fix this issue. Please provide the feedback. Thanks.