Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been locked out of my email account and can't change…

Customer Question
I have been locked...

I have been locked out of my email account and can't change the password ***** a new one. ... i what i thought was a b.s. phone call yesterday and a girl saying my account had hacked out of Detyroit and someone else was using it. i cant deal with the yahoo support page as it just runs you in circles no matter what options i choose. what i need are simple steps to fix this or close the qaccount somehow. (it doesnt tell you how to do this, either) i am 72 and thqat says it wall. jeff

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Oh, sorry. it is yahoo.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a desktop pc and use a google browser and i have kept the account open all the time when used from this address

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, just using the directions from yahoo's help page -- which makes you go thru a long list of id boxesa for ever step you try. if you try a new way in, then its bqack to all that typing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

No. just how to reset the yahoo password ***** get into my mail/ stp by stupid sr. citzen step...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
7/29/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 11 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Do you mean you believe your Yahoo account has been hacked? If yes, can you explain why you do believe this?