Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I clicked the contact buton on an organization's website a

Customer Question

I clicked the contact buton on an organization's website
a screen popped up with a heading of Mail
asking me "add account"
I do not want to add anything to anything
please tell me how to opt out so Microsoft does NOT block me contacting organizations' website using their contact button
I want Microsoft to stop interfering with this
Thanks
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: no
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: this is not an email issue; I clicked contact on an organization's website
asking me "add account"
Thanks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to search my computer settings, etc. to stop the pop up screen "mail add account" but only get a run around
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but this is not an email issue
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

The reason that it pops out a box asking you add an account for Microsoft Mail just because:

1. you clicked on a URL containing "mailto***@******.***"

2. you haven't set up your local mail program.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
your reply makes no sense; cancel my request for help; I do not want any answers; I authorized $5 deposit; I did not authorize a $48 charge, therefore, cancel the $48 charge; I did not sign up for a free trial; give me a refund for the $5 charge and give me a refund for the $48 charge; if you started a trial without full disclosure and without my informed consent, cancel the trial
your company is dishonest July 29 Bangkok time, Grady Deal
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
That's not a solution. Just for your information and waiting for your reply and confirmation.If you need the solution to send an email without invoking the mail app, we may continue. Otherwise if you are not happy with the service, please speak with customer care to get refund..