Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

In Ocala, Florida. Two or three years ago I received a

Customer Question
Hello Andy: This...

Hello Andy: This is Richard Heckman in Ocala, Florida. Two or three years ago I received a message from Google telling me that my account had been compromised. I immediately contacted you folks and ask that the account be closed. The email address I used was***@******.*** and now I would like to revive the address and use it again. Can you help me do that? Thank you very much. Richard S Heckman

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On a phone, also a tablet and via browser -- all three methods.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried creating the address again just like I would be establishing a new address but it didn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
7/28/2017
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 11 months ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi Richard, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Once you close an email account it gets locked so other people (including yourself) cannot re-create it to steal sensitive data.

For example, if you had personal info on another website and it was linked to your rheck1941 account and then you deleted it, someone with bad intentions could re-create the Gmail account and have a password ***** link sent there for any website, including Facebook, Paypal, etc.

For that reason Gmail cancels it out completely for an undetermined amount of time.

Does that make sense?