Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am running OS X (10.10.5) Yosemite and working with my

Customer Question

I am running OS X (10.10.5) Yosemite and working with my Mail. I currently use G-Mail as my e-mail provider. Recently,
G-Mail in placing all my new/unread e-mails in the "Archive" folder and not in the "Inbox" folder. Why is this happening? What can I do to fix this problem and/or improve upon it?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: A month or so.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Checked preferences
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I send an e-mail, it will appear in the "Archive" folder in several graduated entries.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Expert:  Jon replied 2 months ago.

It could be your gmail settings in your gmail account on the gmail website. Gmail was primarly used to be accessed by the website on a computer and the app by mobile devices. When you use a "middle man" mail app, your having to go through an extra step to see your mail. It is not a bad thing, I am just letting you know that some issues like this will happen when not just using the direct gmail website.

Therefore, I can remote into your mac and check your gmail settings from the website and then check your mail settings and see if we can not fix the issue. Remember there is a 100 % guarantee for a refund if you are not satisfied and if I can't fix it.