Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Mail is being opened automatically, and I would like to be

Customer Question

mail is being opened automatically, and I would like to be able to open if I think it is not junk
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Im with telstra ???
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked to see if I could find a way to stop the mail opening in auto but could not see any thing, Probably looking in the wrong place
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please try to clarify what exactly the problem is - do you mean that emails are opening up automatically that you do not want to open up?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
emails are automatically opening, I would like to be able to view said emails prior to opening so I can delete the junk mail

I understand. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? If I am not able to help, you can get a refund and it is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no thank you
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Bing, anything I can help further here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

> emails are automatically opening, I would like to be able to view said emails prior to opening

Are you talking about email preview?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you give me an answer as I just paid $74 and have received no information
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

I am an expert here not a billing guy, I am not the right person to answer your billing related questions. Can you please speak with JustAnswer customer care from HERE for details?

However, as the previous expert didn't help you on your issue, that's why I participated in to help you further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well can you answer my original question about my email????
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about email preview?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont think that you can help me. thanks for your time
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

okay i opt out

Expert:  UranMail replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to answer your question.\

I see two of our top experts weren't able to provide you with answer?

I guess I will try.

If you are using a web browser or even Outlook or any other email program - the moment you click on email - you can see what is inside of it(except the attachment) - and that is if you have preview enabled.

If your email client allow you to hide preview - you will only see a list of emails. But if it doesn't - then you will see it anyways.

Generally, you do not need to worry about opening an email - you need to worry about opening attachments. I have not heard of any cases where peoples computers were infected by opening the email - it only happens when they open attachments.

And if your browser web client does not give you the ability to hide preview - then you may want to start using Thunderbird or Outlook, as they do have a function of hiding the preview.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you and goodbye
Expert:  UranMail replied 2 months ago.

Did answer help or not?

Expert:  UranMail replied 2 months ago.

Maybe you want to provide more accurate information about the issue to get better answer?

Or maybe you already received correct answer?

You received 3 answers from experts with 15 years of experience each in IT field, and we can provide correct answer, so let me know...

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Dustin. I see you have been through a few of our experts, at this point im going to recommend that we speak over the phone and or, I connect to your computer.

Considering the time you have invested so far without results, Im willing to provide phone support and remote support without any additional fees.

If you dont want to continue, then I need you to reply and let us know so we can send you the refund link and cancel this request.

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Dustin S