Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just changed my e-mail from to. because gmail requested a

Customer Question

I just changed my e-mail from***@******.*** to***@******.***. because gmail requested a new e-mail saying that***@******.*** was already being used. However, it was being used by me, and has been for over 10 years. I did not want to change my e-mail. I also did not understand that I would lose my former e-mail. Obviously, all my contacts have my former e-mail. How do I get it back?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just now. There was a message (an ad) for google gmail and I thought I would join so that I could get more secured info.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: My laptop computer, occasionally, on my phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing....I am a baby boomer and I am not computer saavy. Therefore, I would like to cancel whatever it is that I signed up for and get back my former e-mail address, and my former e-mail.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought you were the e-mail expert. This is why I hate technology, everything is a big to-do. I am not blaming you, it is just the system. It is very frustrating.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.