flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I cannot recover my password and my cell phone does not

Customer Question

I cannot recover my password ***** my cell phone does not accept any text as I have an AARP cheap phone. I am 73 years old and am not computer savvy. Can you please tell me the easiest way to recover my password? Thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Dell desktop and have Explorer I think.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Yahoo
JA: How long has this been going on with your email account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just as of yesterday when Microsoft was doing updates and all I have tried is what Yahoo asked me to do which did not work.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to recover my password, thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if you´ve already tried to reset your Yahoo password? If not, please try to reset it at this site:

https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?

Please report back how it goes. You can do this by typing in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Every time I try to reset my password, they want to send me some number to my cell phone which does not accept any test messages.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already paid $37 and $5 with no results.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I called the 800 number, I was told that there would be no other charges until I got into my email.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I get a response by email when I can't get into it with my current password?
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 months ago.

well a lot of people have more than one email so that you could have used a different email while trying to get this one going

but you will need to be able to use one of the yahoo methods for resetting the password

either sending a code to an alternate email or to a phone

if it has the correct phone number but your phone does not accept text messages your best bet would be to speak to your provider. They can usually enable texting at a per text rate. it might be outrageous like 25 cents per text but i assume that paying a quarter to get your email back is well worth it. and you can cancel it after thats done.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK - make sure you cancel whatever I got a free week of, I don't want to be charged $42 a month.

i have nothing to do with billing

you have to email***@******.***

i would just appreciate if you would give me an excellent rating if i have given you some helpful information

thanks