Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I want to dump Outlook on Office 365 in favor of

Customer Question

Hi, I want to dump Outlook on Office 365 in favor of Thunderbird. When I export my previous mail from Office 365, should I save it as comma separated of a pst? So I can import it to Thunderbird
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: I just decided today that I want to dump Office 365
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I have been using Outlook in Office 365 on my computer. I want to install Thunderbird on this PC and import old mail from the Outlook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I am simply asking which format I should export from Office 365 - Comma Separated or PST
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

To answer your question, you need to save it in the PST file format. If you save it in CSV format, no file attachments, images, or anything else besides text in the emails will be exported.

Once you have the PST file, you can import it into Thunderbird by using the Import/Export Extension, which is found on the following page:
Thunderbird Import/Export Extension: https://freeshell.de//~kaosmos/mboximport-en.html

On the bottom of the aforementioned page, click the "Download ImportExportTools (3.2.5 version) from this website" link.

Once the extension is installed, you may use it to import the PST file into Thundbird. In the top menu bar, click Tools > Import/Export Tool > Import PST file. Choose the pst file to import and import it.

Once that is done, you will be all set. If you have any issues after the fact, please let me know.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com