Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can't remember my email address. I think it's gmail, I use a

Customer Question

Can't remember my email address.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I think it's gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use a hotmail account for most thim
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry I use a hotmail account for most things but need to get to my gmail to unlock an old phone. I haven't used this account for years and have the password ***** don't remember the address
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

I may be able to help you recover your gmail address, but first i need to ask you some questions.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am actually on my iPad. Don't see an apple sign only back to App Store with the arrow.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Allright, besides your ipad.. Do you have access to any windows computers, or a mac?

If not, thats ok. Im just trying to figure out the best way to help you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am on my iPhone now since that is where your reply came through. I do have access to a windows computer but I will have to go downstairs and get on it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Understood. Head to the windows computer.

Then, Ill go ahead and send you the remote connection offer, and we will then connect.

If i cant solved the issue you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't really want to remotely connect just want to know how I can recover the email address. The problem is not with the computer but with my memory.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

I can send the offer at a lower cost point. But either we need to remotely connect, or I need to speak with you over the phone. Thats the best way to make it through this.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You know what, never mind. I would like to end this conversation and you can refund my deposit and any other thing you have charged me.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem.. Here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0