Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can't access my account, because I have new phone# so I

Customer Question

Can't access my account, because I have new phone# ***** I can't reset password
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried having access code sent to my boyfriend e mail but it won't send it says can't verify that it me
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just want to change my phone number associated with the account and reset my password,thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you cannot recover with the recovery forms, you may be able to 'find' it if you used that email

in another computer and saved the password ***** there depending on the browser.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm on my boyfriend I pad right now, this is a gmail account the is [email protected] gmail.com, I thought I had password ***** on my android phone ,I let grandson play with my phone he may have signed me out and now I can,t sign back in ,forgot password ***** have a new phone number and when I go through the process of resetting it wants to send verification code to my old #via sms
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Just clarify this first: are you able to receive the verification code from Google via SMS text message?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hello there, just double check if you still have the problem and if you still need our help here. Thanks.