Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

In outlook and sent an email, mail came in but box came up

Customer Question

In outlook and sent an email, mail came in but box came up to ask for password ***** sign in to send. Continual problem and info said I'd had password ***** elsewhere. Followed google prompts to change it and still same box comes up wanting email and rejects my entry. Help
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: About 1/2 an hour - just since I tried to send the email I had typed
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Always via Outlook on my Computer. This Computer is new to me and was my daughter-in-laws till recently. My son set it up for me. Said my password ***** been compromised in Geelong/Melbourne area. I am in Queensland
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I clicked on the link in the email from google to change my password. I hope now that it was for real. I'm not very computer literate when it comes to problems. I have done nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

> mail came in but box came up to ask for password ***** sign in to send

Can I first know the email address (only the domain part) and the version of your Outlook?