Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

A friend wiped my keyboard yesterday and now my message

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, A friend wiped my keyboard yesterday and now my message column has disappeared and I have to click on the email to get it to open in a new tab. I have tried everything spending a couple of hours and now have made it worse creating a thread group and I hate that. Can you please help me? Peggy Greer
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: I just want a simple layout... Subject, From, Date and Message
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: It is set up on my laptop and phone and tablet. I don't connect to it through the webbrowser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have gone to the upper right where it says to select columns to display and have clicked read, from and date. There is nowhere to click "message". When the thread happened, I clicked on thread and then unclicked it but it will not go away.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks!
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

How are you accessing your email daily and what type of email is it? Outlook free or paid version? Gmail, aol, yahoo etc?