Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Not my email communication running cannot reload aol, since

Customer Question
not my email communication running...
not my email communication running cannot reload aol
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since I moved and rehooked up my computer this month
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do not see waol.exe32 on process list on task manager
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
7/22/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

windows 10

I need to know 'how' you access your aol? In a browser or added to the windows live mail?

explorer and no I cannot afford that
its loaded on my screen just click it

What screen? When you surf the web or on your desktop?

How to fix your issue will depend on 'how' you get your mail

and i really need to know if it is in a browser or an email icon 'on' the computer

without opening a browser?

on my desk top is an aol icon that I open

To clarify, you cannot get aol to 'stop'?

What error do you see with your mail?

there is no error with my mail and I cannot reload my aol because of some background communication and it tells me that but not what system is running. when I moved somehow the aol was not functioning on my computer

Can you do this for me and try to open your aol after?

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

Then go back in your pc and try to hit the aol icon as it may just be 'stuck'.

Send me the results in a reply.

there is no battery
its a desk top and I have turned it off and restarted it

In the directions i sent, the 'if applicable' is there for that reason. ONLY skip battery portion

if your model doesnt have one detachable or desktop.

do not skip other steps

Turning off and on wont help us here. Please follow this without the battery portion.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist