Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I feel pretty silly at the moment. So...I originally opened

Customer Question

I feel pretty silly at the moment. So...I originally opened a hotmail account which then morphed into Outlook. I was asked to sign-in, which I have not done for ages, and I cannot remember the password.
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Not long, but how do I reset the password? Or is it the same password ***** use to log into my computer after it has been off and I fire it up in the morning?
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: iphone and web browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was in the app store and wanted to purchase an app. It popped up my hotmail account and then asked for the password. I tried several passwords that I have used in the past and nothing worked.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you. I just would like to have the password ***** hotmail/outlook reset so I can put it in my password ***** and stick it in the safe so this does not happen again.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows 10?
  2. Have you tried to enter the password ***** used to login to your computer?
  3. What is the email account so that I can check its status and reset options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
1. yes
2. no
3.***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, I am already becoming irritated that this is costing me $42. No remote accessing. Just tell me how to reset password ***** I will disconnect and figure it out myself. Since when did microsoft start using this service for tech support?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 days ago.

We are not affiliated with Microsoft. We are a legitimate support company and we guarantee our service.

In order to reset your password ***** your Hotmail account, please do the following:

1. Open a web browser on your Windows 10 computer, like Internet Explorer or Edge
  2. Then go to http://hotmail.com
  3. On the login page, enter your full hotmail email address
  4. Then click Next
  5. In the password ***** do not enter your password. Instead, click on the Forgot Password ***** below it. That is the reset process. Just follow the on-screen procedures and if you are able to verify your ownership of the account, you shall be able to create a NEW password ***** the Hotmail account. (I checked your reset options and you need to have access of your mobile phone ending in 66 to be able to reset your password)

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess