bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

Need someone to remotely configure G Suite to import old

Customer Question

Need someone to remotely configure G Suite to import old emails and contacts from Thunderbird email account
Category: Email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.
I am willing help. What's your custom domain hosted at Google?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I am closing my store in 15 minutes. Do you want to reconnect tomorrow between 10 am and 1 pm Pacific Standard time tomorrow? I'll be in the store during those hours?
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.
Sure. Just buzz me here again once you are available. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK? Here's some background. I had my website hosted by Hostgator and built a new website with square space. We went live with the SS website and everything worked fine except for our Thunderbird email which is***@******.***. The website is www.occasionsmp.com.I had the option of keeping that email address with hostgator or switching to G Suite which is cheaper. Created a G Suite account called***@******.*** and now new emails directed to***@******.*** go to the G Suite account. I cannot figure out how to move my old emails and contacts from the Thunderbird to the G Suite account.
I wonder if the fact that the old account and the new account have the same address is also creating confusion. I understand that the name on G Suite can be changed and then changed back but I'm not sure if that's necessary.
Anyway, I'll contact you tomorrow morning.
Colin
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. Let me know if you want to work on this
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.
I will work on this. But not for now, as it is 3.55 am here in Australia, I need to first finish my dream in process. :))
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sweet dreams. I'm here until 3 pm our time today then back Monday 10 am to 5:30 pm our time.
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

> I cannot figure out how to move my old emails and contacts from the Thunderbird to the G Suite account.

If you talking about the contacts of the specific email account of TB (not old email service), you may simply export the contacts in CSV format from TB and import it to GS. Manual modification might needed if there are a few differences in CSV specification.

> I wonder if the fact that the old account and the new account have the same address is also creating confusion.

The email address is kept as you own the domain and it is not changed. What has been changed was its email server's configuration (both hostname/IP address and protocols/ports).

> I understand that the name on G Suite can be changed and then changed back but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

What name are you referring to? What do you mean by "can be changed and then changed back"?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Looked at exporting from TB as cvs files and wasn't sure how. I am more concerned about the old emails than I am about the contacts if given the choice. Perhaps next week you can connect remotely and figure it out?
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.
If so, it seems to very necessary to do a remote session, hopefully can by fixed directly. Sure, please buzz me here once you are available.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. I'm back in the office. I'll be here until around 5:30 pm our time which I am guessing is around 10 am your time.
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your message. But it seems I can't be available during this weekend as all have been arranged. I am really sorry about it. Can we set a time on weekdays?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm here from roughly 9 am to 6 pm Pacific Standard time. Let me know what works for you and I'll be sure to be at my computer