Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have had my bellsouth.net email account for a time, and

Customer Question

I have had my bellsouth.net email account for a long time, and suddenly I can't retrieve emails. Last Wednesday is the last day I could use it. Now, I get the following message: Cannot Get Mail
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: The user name or password ***** Bellsouth is incorrect. This is the email account that my husband and I both use, so it is a HUGE problem. Can you help?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: yahoo, I think
JA: How long has this been going on with your Yahoo account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Last Wednesday, July 12, is the last day it behaved normally.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Troubleshooting: I have attempted to change my password ***** my iPhone, but still got same message. Nothing I can think of.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?