Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

For some time now, when my Thunderbird Inbox becomes too

Customer Question

For some time now, when my Thunderbird Inbox becomes too full, I cannot receive email. So I move the oldest emails to Archives, and it works again. This time I (accidentally) moved the entire content of my Income to Archives, but I am still not getting in any email.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: A little background: I am running Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows XP, with cable internet from Xfinity. Also, a recent lightning strike fried my router, so I bought a new Motorola combination cable modem/router. Because my Inbox was overloaded before this occurred, I had not received any email through Thunderbird for a while, but did not think anything of this. The router works fine with Chrome (including obtaining email through Xfinity's web interface, which I dislike). It also works fine with my wife's laptop computer, running Windows 10 and Mozilla Thunderbird. I was unable to send outgoing email on Thurnderbird through the new router, but the Xfinity technician corrected this by changing the port and SSI.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use an hp laptop, running Windows XP as I said, both for Mozilla Thunderbird (when I can) and Chrome.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried changing the port: I found it on 110, and tried 465 (which worked for Outgoing). I also activated SSL, and tried each of combination of these 2 changes.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else to tell you or him/her. I will be happy to answer any questions.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Uranweb replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, pay-per-answer service, I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

who is your email provider?