Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

There was a lag in connectivity while replying to an email

Customer Question

There was a lag in connectivity while replying to an email and deleting some unneeded emails. During that lag, instead of deleting just the emails I checked it looks like all my inbox emails were ticked... but again because of the lag, I didn;t know it right away. I emptied my trash which permanently deleted. when I did that, I saw for a split second that all my inbox email was in the trash bin. So I ticked off restore all but it looks like during that lag time it had a delayed response to the initial empty trash command... so it did that eventually and prior to my ticking restore all... now all my inbox emails are gone and were permanently deleted.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: AOL
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened first time today
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, just 2 things. I never ticked the select all box to delete my emails. just individual ones for the emails I was deleting. In fact I was deleting some old ones from weeks ago. I was not even near the top of the page to accidentally click the select all box.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 13 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?