Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I use Yahoo mail for my email. I've had an issue where some

Customer Question
I use Yahoo mail for...
I use Yahoo mail for my email. I've had an issue where some email comes in and of course it can go to spam without my having to do anything. Then there's the trash and that is the mail that I select to be trashed. However recently I've had someone with a particular company send me emails that don't show up in my inbox they don't show up in my trash they don't show up in my spam and yet the only way I can see them is if I do a search of my email using the "search email function." Then the e-mail I am looking for shows up but it shows up listed as unwanted mail and only through the search. And yet I have never established anything within Yahoo mail to classify this company's mail as unwanted mail. Where can I find the settings for this and somehow make sure things are anot being sent to "unwanted" mail?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
7/13/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

What's your Internet browser program, such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

I have windows 10 but it happens on my phone too. And the hotel computer I was using.Never had this problem before.Toshiba Satellite L55D

It looks like there is a corrupted setting on your Yahoo account. Can I check on the issue remotely for you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I would rather try to fix it with your direction if possible, first....

OK. Per your request. I'm providing written instructions.

1. Sing in your Yahoo email at the Yahoo.com website:
    http://mail.yahoo.com
  2. Click on the gear icon (wheel icon) at the upper right corner, then click on Settings.
  3. Click on option Filters.
  4. Click on any strange or bad filter, then click on Remove.
  5. And/or just remove all filters there, if any.
  6. Click on Save at bottom.
  7. Then see if all new emails go to Inbox or Spam now.

- Also, do you still need help with the annoying Dropbox popup issue?

Please let me know. Thank you.

There was no filter, period, let alone a bad filter. (?) No changes to make or save there.
Will make the Dropbox change tomorrow, tx.

I'm sorry. Is any email address in the Blocked Addresses section (under Filters)?

Can you take a screenshot of the Filters section?

Can you take a screenshot of the unwanted mail when you search for a missing email?

Please let me know. Thank you.

There is no blocked mail, no filters. Trying to attach file of screenshot but system is not opening to let me attach a file after I click on "+ Add files."
Just added scst.docx.
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry. It is strange. I'm out of ideas about this Yahoo email issue, so let me open the issue to other experts.

Also, I can continue helping you with the Dropbox popup issue in your other question.

Thank you for your patience.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

How do you access your Yahoo email? Always via web or using any email program time to time?

Sometimes I access it with my Android, but other times with my laptop connected to yahoo mail through the web.

What are you using at the moment? If it is laptop, is it Windows PC or Mac?

The laptop is a Windows PC.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant