Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am wondering how to retrieve my categoriazed old emails on

I am wondering how to retrieve my categoriazed old emails on AOL's servers
JA: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: AOL is switching to a paid model. I want to quit the service, but keep my old emails on their servers. How do I retreive them?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except how much will this cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
Can you please clarify what is your "categoriazed old emails"? Are they just the archived emails saved in an IMAP folder of your AOL mailbox?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, on AOL you can set up categories to which to save specific emails, so there is a list of categories under "Saved on AOL."Emails on specific topics are grouped together under the appropriate categories, such as "Trip to Ireland" or "Book Publishing."
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If you securely connect are you saying that you will do the retrieval or you will acquaint yourself with the situation?
I see. Sorry I am not that familiar with that. I opt out and let other experts help you.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Do you still see all your categorized old email messages at the aol.com mail website?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Windows 10 and, yes, the emails are visible as are the categories.

Great. All your old categorized emails will always stay at the aol.com website, so you will never lose them (unless you delete them.)

Is that your question? Or is it something else?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
AOL has switched to a monthly charge system. I wish to retrieve my emails from two of my email names on my account, so that I have them in my possession (on my hard disk perhaps) in their categories.

Yes, AOL has switched to the monthly charge system, but you don't have to use it; you don't have to pay for it.

What happens when you go to the aol.com website, then click on Mail, and sign in /sign out each of your aol email accounts there? Do you see all your old emails there?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
my emails are there, but I do not wish to continue with AOL once they switch to the payment system, so I want to download those emails while keeping them in the categories I set up when saving them to the AOL server. How do I do that?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I wish to do this for 2 of my 5 screen names, the only one for which I saved the emails on AOL's server.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the only ones...

What I mean is that you do not open the AOL Desktop program any more, but you open another (free) internet browser program, such as Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge, or Firefox, or Chrome, etc., and go to the aol.com website there, and access your email there. Is that okay?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you really think AOL will allow me to access my account from another server so as to evade their monthly charge? I don't think so.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
from another browser...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want those emails in my possession.

Yes, AOL will. AOL has already said so: "You can access your email saved on AOL servers (Saved on AOL) for free using AOL Mail at mail.aol.com."

- Reference:

https://help.aol.com/articles/what-happens-to-my-email-if-i-do-not-upgrade-to-aol-desktop-gold

- Do you have any further question?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. You have answered my question.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.