Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a red exclamation point in the Outlook icon. I have

Customer Question

Hello. I have a red exclamation point in the Outlook icon. I have to hit the send/receive folder every time I want to send an email and to receive messages. Is there something wrong or did I get a virus?
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since I had to switch over to AOL because Verizon no longer supports email. Also, its a red "X", not an exclamation point, through the Outlook icon.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Always at home on my Dell desktop computer. Never through my iphone and I do not own a tablet or a laptop. I still pay bills using a check. I guess I'm an old fart.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The Verizon Tech tried to fix it and he gave up. I don't know anything about computers and how to fix them.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it for now.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

It sounds as though there is a configuration problem with Outlook. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Thank you,
Jason