Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

The password I have written down for Thunderbird is not

Customer Question

The password ***** have written down for Thunderbird is not working and I have been blocked all day from sending messages. When it asks for a new one, I comply, but the message to enter a new one keeps recycling.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I have been resetting all day--today.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Both on a desk computer and an iphone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to Security on your website, but it doesn't have anything about changing passwords.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to be able to send messages. Also, I write a weekly newsletter to at least 100 people and I have to be able to send this out on Monday.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CANCEL this request. CANCEL everything. I am not interested in JUSTANSWER. J. White