Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I access my email on my laptop computer and cell phone. I

Customer Question

Hi, I access my email on my laptop computer and cell phone. I forgot my password ***** cannot remember one of the questions when I started my gmail ccount. Can you please help me?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: yesterday, I tried to log in and entered what I thought was the recent password ***** it is not taking it. So I tried to change it but it is asking me when I started my gmail account
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: both, tablet and phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I need to change my password ***** how do I do it?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will call you later, I need to step out. Thank you for your help
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?