Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been having intermittent problem with an entity that

Customer Question

I have been having intermittent problem with an entity that locks up my computer, and informs me that it has been affected with a "zeus" virus, and that I must call the following number at Microsoft to fix this 1-***-***-****. I have been told that they are scamming - and the only way to get rid of the message and unlock my computer is to shut down and reboot after a few minutes. I would like to know how to stop this from happening again. Thank you.
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: No.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I don't need my password ***** It has already been done, and still I get the same message each week. Is their phone number legitimate or not??
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

No, it is a scam popup message.

Can I connect to your computer to remove the virus so that you do not have the issue anymore?